Here are several old jokes in English:
- James, the invisible man wants to see you.
- Tell him I can't see him today.
-Waiter, there is a mosquito in my soup!
- Sorry, sir, but it should be in the salad.
- Waiter, a fly in my soup!
- I am terribly sorry, madam, but we have no more flies left.
- A man enters a pet shop and says, 'I would like to buy a mosquito.'
- Sorry, sir, but we don't sell mosquitos!
- But I have just seen one in the shop window!
Someone phones the intelligence services, and says, 'Intelligence services, please?'
'Eh, eh!' responds someone.